Saturday, January 5, 2013

Family Portrait

Not really a renovation related post today!

Dan's mother came to stay with us for a few days this week, helping care for Lucinda while we got some hard work done. It was fantastic to actually be able to work on things at the house, rather than the way I usually spend my days which is chasing around after Lu while Dan does all the work.

She also took a few family portraits of us in our new home. I think this is my favourite. Even the dog sat still, momentarily.

Cheesy family portrait day here at #theoldpostoffice.

I know one day we'll look back on this crazy project and wonder what, exactly, we were thinking when we took it on. But, at least we now have a few photos of us at the beginning to look back on.

In other news, we met our first snake yesterday. A large red belly black snake, under the house. Country living, we have arrived!

Now, bring on my snake fencing project.

10 comments:

  1. Great photo!
    Snake??! Yikes?? How did you cope????
    Judy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your family photo! I have started following you on Instagram so I can see more of the happenings around the houses and I love it. Good luck with the snake fencing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't you all gorgeous! How do you fence out a snake?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the dog, I know why the dog sat still, check out his eyes staring intently at your daughters sandwich...hoping and praying it might just fall on the floor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great photo :-) and i was ony thinking last time i read you we had not heard from any snakes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Snakes? Nope nope nope. If it were me there'd be FAR MORE shotgun holes in the floor. *Shudder*

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey stranger! i've been catching up on your blog this week and it's so cool to see how the house is coming along! this is such a great picture of your family... glad things are going so well for you guys!

    xx, kara

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing. I would like to get some of these family portraits in Cincinnati, OH. What a great way to show family. I love this photo.

    ReplyDelete