We moved out of our house in Brisbane yesterday. The removalists arrived, took one look at all our furniture and announced they'd have to do two trips to get it all out to the Lockyer Valley and into storage for a week, where it's now sitting and waiting for us.
Meanwhile, we are staying with long suffering friends for four nights. They have the most beautiful garden, chock full of veggies and chooks and productivity.
In what must be some of the world's worst timing, Lucinda has fallen ill with a nasty stomach virus. I'll spare you the grizzly details - let's just say I've been giving the washing machine quite a work-out.
As I was just getting to the bottom of this post, about to say we're looking forward to getting the keys on Friday, my phone just rang.
It was our solicitor -saying the owners of the post office have advised they won't be ready to settle on the 13th as planned. They have asked for a five-day extension to the settlement date.
We're getting more information on the situation this afternoon, but who knows where we'll go for another week if we can't sort this out today. Or where the two loads of furniture waiting to be delivered Friday will end up.